How do I know when my 2002 Ford Taurus ABS Control Module is bad?
My brake pedal is taking more and more pressure to get it to work lately. Could it be a problem with the ABS module? How do I know when my 2002 Ford Taurus ABS Control Module is bad?
Answer provided by
I’m glad you reached out! Brake problems are pretty serious. It sounds like your 2002 Ford Taurus ABS Control Module might be going bad.
Here are some signs of a defective ABS module:
- The ABS warning light turns on and won’t shut off
- The brakes lock up, especially during hard braking
- The brake pedal is unresponsive
- It takes more pressure on the brake pedal than expected to get the same response
- The speedometer either shows the wrong speed or doesn’t move from zero Unfortunately, these problems can all be signs of other issues, like low brake fluid or a faulty brake line. It’s best to go to a mechanic and get a professional opinion. Do you know if your Taurus has the right car insurance coverage in case of an accident? The friendly representatives at Jerry can help you go over your policy and will help you save money at the same time. If you want cheap car insurance quotes fast, go to Jerry. A licensed broker that offers end-to-end support, the Jerry app gathers affordable quotes, helps you switch plans, and can even help you cancel your old policy.
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How do I lift my windshield wipers?
I’m trying to thoroughly wash my windshield and my wipers are in the way. How do I lift my windshield wipers?
Apr 14, 2022
What color is engine oil?
I am going to check my oil today, but I realized I don’t even know what healthy oil should look like. What color is engine oil?
Apr 14, 2022
How can I repair a 2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara ABS control module?
My brakes have been acting up, and I think the problem might be with the ABS control module. Can you tell me how to fix a 2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara ABS control module?
Apr 14, 2022