How do I know if I need an SR-22 if I live in California?

How do I know if I need an SR-22? I recently had my license reinstated following a DUI in California.

Answer provided by
Eric Schad
Answered on Jul 19, 2021
Eric Schad has been a freelance writer for nearly a decade, as well as an SEO specialist and editor for the past five years. Before getting behind the keyboard, he worked in the finance and music industries (the perfect combo). With a wide array of professional and personal experiences, he’s developed a knack for tone and branding across many different verticals. Away from the computer, Schad is a blues guitar shredder, crazed sports fan, and always down for a spontaneous trip anywhere around the globe.
“If your license was suspended or restricted following numerous at-fault accidents or a DUI, you’re going to need an SR-22 in California.
Almost any time that you have to have your license reinstated, you’re going to need an SR-22, so be prepared for the fees for filing. You’ll also see an average yearly cost increase of around $3,900 for full coverage car insurance with an SR-22.”

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies