How do I install windshield wipers on a Toyota Tacoma?
I noticed that my windshield wipers are torn. On top of that, I can’t remember the last time I replaced them. How do I install new windshield wipers on my Toyota Tacoma?
As a general rule, you should replace your windshield wipers every six months to a year. So if you can’t remember when you replaced them, now is the time! To install windshield wipers on a Toyota Tacoma, remove the old windshield wipers at the connection point and pop the new ones into place.
If you’re not sure how to do that, follow these steps:
- Go to your local auto parts store and ask for replacement windshield wipers for the model and trim of your Tacoma.
- Pull the windshield wipers away from the windshield.
- Look for a tab on the inside of the windshield wiper where the arm meets the blade.
- Push on the tab, put the windshield wiper blade perpendicular to the arm, and pull down.
- This should remove the old wiper blade.
- Take the new windshield wiper blade and insert the hook of the windshield wiper arm into it.
- Pull up on the blade until you hear the tab click into place.
- Repeat the same process for the second windshield wiper arm.
If you’re still feeling apprehensive, ask about installation when you buy the wiper blades. Most auto parts stores will install them free of charge.
After taking a few minutes to install your windshield wiper blades, why not do the same to save hundreds of dollars on car insurance by using the Jerry app?
As a licensed broker, Jerry helps you find and compare quotes from over 50 top providers in minutes. When you find a better rate for your Toyota Tacoma, Jerry can help you buy your new coverage and even cancel your old policy.
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How do I change the key fob battery on a Honda?
I’ve had a Honda HRV Touring for about a year and I love everything about it. Unfortunately, the key fob has been acting strange and only works on occasion. I think I need to change the battery. How can I change the key fob battery on a Honda?
Dec 28, 2021
How do I put chains on a Toyota Corolla?
I moved to Boise for a new job, but I never thought about how harsh the winters are. I want to go hiking in the snow, but to get to more remote areas, I need to put snow chains on my car. How can I put chains on my Toyota Corolla?
Dec 28, 2021
How do you check transmission fluid on a 2006 Toyota Tacoma?
I’m trying to save money by doing my own car maintenance. I want to top all the fluids off under the hood of my truck. How can I check the transmission fluid on a 2006 Toyota Tacoma?
Dec 28, 2021