How do I get oil out of my car seat?
How do I remove dried oil stains from my car upholstery? There are old oil stains on my car seats from my kids spilling their French fries and pizza numerous times. Is it possible to remove the dried stains?
Yes, it is possible to remove old oil stains from your car seat!
Please note that removing fresh grease and oil stains from your car will require a different process.
Here are the materials you will need:
- Plastic knife
- Clean rag
- Old toothbrush (optional)
- Paper towels
Here’s what to do:
- Step one: Scrape off any dried spots using a plastic knife.
- Step two: Spray WD-40 evenly over the stain.
- Step three: Pour some dish soap onto a clean rag to dab the stain. If dabbing doesn’t do it, rub the stain with a clean cloth until the oil and WD-40 are gone.
- Step four: If oil remains, gently scrub the stain with a soft-bristled brush or an old toothbrush.
- Step five: Blot the stain with fresh paper towels to remove as much soap as possible.
- Step six: Spray the stain with clean water. Alternate spraying and blotting until the soap is no longer present in the fabric.
And just like that, there are no more stains on your car seat!
Maintaining your vehicle can require a lot of time and money—but insuring it should be quick, easy, and affordable. If you want to save money on car insurance, the Jerry app is a good place to start.
A licensed broker, Jerry does all the hard work of finding cheap quotes from the top name-brand insurance companies and buying new car insurance. And the average Jerry user saves $879 a year!
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How do I remove gum from my car’s carpet?
Is there a way to remove gum from my carpet without any leftover residue? I accidentally stepped on some gum while running some errands today. I didn’t realize that had happened until I got in my car and saw the gum stuck on my car’s carpet.
Nov 11, 2021
How do you keep the new car smell in your vehicle?
Is there any way to keep the new car smell in your vehicle after you’ve had it for a while? I really love that smell, but it’s starting to go away. If possible, I’d love to take some steps to keep it around.
Nov 11, 2021
How do I get stains off my car paint?
How can I remove water stains from my car paint? I don’t know where these watermarks came from, but I want to get rid of them. I don’t want to damage the car paint, so I don’t know what materials to use.
Nov 11, 2021