How do I get ink out of a vinyl car seat?
How do I get pen ink off of my vinyl car seat? I dropped a pen on my vinyl seats and it dripped ink all over them. I now have a fairly large stain on my chair because of it, and I’m really frustrated. How do I fix this?
I’m so sorry to hear that! If the ink is freshly spilled on your seats, here’s how you can remove the ink and clean your seats:
- Spray hairspray on the stain and wipe it up with a cloth. You’ll have to try this a few times, so be patient with this.
- Rub hand sanitizer gel or rubbing alcohol on the stain and let it sit for five to ten minutes. Wipe it off with a cloth.
- Try using a stain removing product like Simple Green to remove the stain. Just be careful when using harsher chemicals as they can damage your seats!
If the ink stain is dried, you may have to take a different approach. Here’s what to do:
- Apply an all-purpose cleaner to the stain.
- Gently wipe with a soft cloth. Don’t use too much pressure!
- Repeat as often as needed.
- If the stain still remains: Moisten a clean cloth with a small amount of ammonia and let it sit for a few minutes. Use the cloth to wipe the area, and then clean the area with mild soap and water. This should help you protect your seats!
You can also protect your whole car by making sure you have all the coverage that you need.
If you’re not sure, check out the Jerry app! We’ll get you customized quotes from different top-of-the-line providers, so that all you need to do is choose the plan that works best for you. And once you choose one, we’ll even help you switch!
Best of luck with cleaning—and remember, there’s no use crying over spilled ink!
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How do I make a claim for comprehensive car insurance due to damage from a hailstorm?
A hailstorm left golf ball-sized dents in my car. I have comprehensive coverage, but I've never had to use it before. How do I submit a claim for comprehensive insurance?
Oct 25, 2021
How do I get very cheap car insurance?
I need car insurance and everyone I've talked to said it's expensive. I need a cheap policy as I don't have much of a budget. How do I get one?
Oct 25, 2021
How do I hand paint a car with a brush?
Can I hand paint my car? I have an old car that I rarely use and I want to try my hand at hand-painting a car. Is it actually possible to paint a car with a brush and if so, how?
Oct 25, 2021