How do I get glue off my car seat?
I went for a quick craft run, and I ended up spilling white glue all over my car seats! I’m trying not to panic, but I’m a little worried I won’t be able to fix it. What should I do to get the glue off my car seats?
Glue can be messy, but white glue is designed for easy cleaning! Follow these steps to get the glue out of your car seats:
- Step 1: Remove as much dried glue as you can by peeling it with your fingers or using a flat tool to gently scrape it off.
- Step 2: Make a cleaning solution with 1 tablespoon of liquid dish soap or laundry detergent and 2 cups of hot water.
- Step 3: Apply the solution to the stain with a clean sponge or soft rag.
- Step 4: Let it sit for a minute or so to loosen the adhesive.
- Step 5: Dab the liquid with a dry rag until it’s all gone.
- Step 6: Rinse the area by dabbing it with a damp sponge or cloth and letting it dry.
If it doesn’t work the first time, feel free to repeat these steps until the glue is gone!
While you’re waiting for your car to dry, take a minute to save on car insurance with Jerry! A licensed broker, Jerry helps users save an average of $879 a year—and it only takes a minute to sign up! Just answer a handful of questions, and you’ll immediately get car insurance quotes for coverage similar to your current plan.
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How do I get dog hair out of car mats?
My dog loves going for car rides, but his hair gets everywhere. Is there a good way for me to get the dog hair out of my car mats?
Nov 23, 2021
How much is the cost to rent a Tesla?
My partner and I are thinking about buying a Tesla but want to rent one first to try it out. Is it expensive to rent a Tesla?
Nov 22, 2021
How do I get crayon wax out of a cloth car seat?
My kids left crayons in the car and they melted. Now, my seats are rainbow-colored! What should I do to get crayon wax out of cloth car seats?
Nov 23, 2021