How do I find car insurance in Oregon with a history of violations and accidents?

My current car insurance policy is being non-renewed. My husband and I are on this policy, along with our two cars. With several accidents, a speeding ticket, and a DUI on our records, we're not sure we'll be able to find insurance elsewhere. What do we do?

Answer provided by
Carol Chung
Answered on Apr 19, 2021
“Even after several violations and accidents, it’s possible to find quality car insurance in Oregon. Your first step is to get quotes from as many carriers as possible to find the most affordable rate.
With you and your husband’s history, you two may be classified as high-risk drivers. The good news is, several companies in Oregon sell high-risk car insurance, including GEICO, American Family, and State Farm.
You’ll pay more for high-risk car insurance, but it’s better to pay a higher premium than go without insurance completely. Driving uninsured could leave you open to financial ruin in the event of an at-fault car accident.
If you can’t get coverage from traditional insurance companies, look into your state’s assigned-risk program. This is a last-resort option for high-risk drivers who have been turned away elsewhere.”

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies