How do I do a 2019 Acura RDX fob battery replacement?
I have a 2019 Acura RDX. Recently, the key fob started acting up and I can’t get it to lock or unlock doors. I’m pretty sure that I just need to replace the battery, but I’ve never done it before. How can I replace the key fob battery on a 2019 Acura RDX?
Answer provided by
- Locate the lever on the front of the key fob.
- Push in the lever and remove the key itself.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to pry the key fob casing open. Place the metal between the metal keyring area and the plastic to gently pry it apart.
- Use the flathead screwdriver to pry out the battery.
- Replace the old battery with a fresh CR2032 battery with the positive side facing upward. A two-pack of these batteries is about $4.
- Put the casing back together.
- Test the key fob. You should be ready to go!