How do I connect my Bluetooth device to a 2015 Chevy Equinox?
I’m renting a 2015 Chevy Equinox and want to connect my phone so I can stream my navigation apps. How do I do that?
Jacqulyn Graber · Answered on Dec 21, 2022
Reviewed by Shannon Martin, Licensed Insurance Agent.
Connecting your Bluetooth device to your 2015 Chevy Equinox can be easily done using your vehicle’s touchscreen infotainment system.
Simply follow these steps:
- Turn your Equinox all the way on, but do not shift to drive.
- On your infotainment touchscreen, press the phone icon.
- Select the appropriate option to connect your phone. It will say “Add Phone,” “Pair Device,” “Connect Phone” or “+.”
- On your smartphone, navigate to settings, and then Bluetooth. Ensure Bluetooth capabilities are switched to “on”.
- Select your vehicle from the list of optional devices.
- Confirm the code shown on the phone matches the code on the infotainment touchscreen.
- Press “pair” on your car’s infotainment touchscreen. You may also have to accept the pairing on your mobile phone.
- If prompted, agree to allow your vehicle’s system to access your device’s contacts, etc.
And that’s it! You’ll be able to stream music, accept and make calls, stream your phone’s maps applications, and more! You can also upgrade to Bluetooth speakers for a better sound quality!
View full answer
WHY YOU CAN TRUST JERRY
Jerry partners with more than 50 insurance companies, but our content is independently researched, written, and fact-checked by our team of editors and agents. We aren’t paid for reviews or other content.
Browse More Content
Insurance in Your State
What Others Are Asking
Can you have three open car loans?
Can I have more than two active loans? I am looking into financing two cars right now. And in the future, I may want to apply for a third loan.
Nov 12, 2021
How do I donate my car in New Jersey?
I am looking to donate my car to a charity in New Jersey and am considering Vehicles for Veterans. How do I go about donating my car to them?
Oct 15, 2021
Is a modified Mazda CX-9 expensive to insure?
I recently installed some performance mods in my Mazda CX-9 and, as a result, I’m looking to update my car’s insurance policy. So far, all of the quotes I’ve got back are a lot higher than what I expected—is a modified Mazda CX-9 expensive to insure?
Andrew (Andy) Biro
Oct 05, 2022
Read Advice From Car Experts At Jerry
How to Get a West Virginia Learner’s Permit
Once you turn 15, you’re eligible to apply for a WV learner’s permit. Here’s how you’ll need to prepare for the DMV.
Does Farm Bureau Offer Rideshare Insurance?
Farm Bureau does not offer rideshare insurance if you drive for a company like Uber or Lyft.
Browse By Topics
Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free
No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies