How do I check tire pressure on a 2017 Honda Accord?
The last time I was driving my Accord, the tire pressure monitor light came on. I’ve never had to deal with that before. What are the steps to check the tire pressure on a 2017 Honda Accord?
Eric Schad · Answered on Dec 05, 2022
Reviewed by Shannon Martin, Licensed Insurance Agent.
If your tire pressure monitor light comes on, it’s a telltale sign that you need to check your tire pressure, as it’s likely to become unsafe to drive long distances. Here’s how to check the tire pressure on a 2017 Honda Accord:
- Turn the engine off or turn the key to accessories mode—it doesn’t matter which one.
- Exit the vehicle and take a look at the inside door jamb. Here you should see a placard that has the correct PSI for the Accord’s tires.
- Unscrew the cap on the valve stem to get access to the valve stem itself.
- Press the tire gauge onto the valve stem. This will give you a proper PSI (pounds per square inch) rating.
- Inflate with compressed air until you reach the correct PSI level. You can also take air out of the tire by using the backside of the tire gauge.
- Repeat for all the other tires of the vehicle.
- If done correctly, your tire pressure monitoring light should turn off the car should handle like a charm once again!
View full answer
WHY YOU CAN TRUST JERRY
Jerry partners with more than 50 insurance companies, but our content is independently researched, written, and fact-checked by our team of editors and agents. We aren’t paid for reviews or other content.
Browse More Content
Insurance in Your State
What Others Are Asking
What’s the Ford Escape’s clearance height?
I’m in the market for a small SUV with good enough ground clearance to do a bit of dirt road driving to remote campsites (nothing too extreme). What’s the Ford Escape’s clearance height?
Sep 09, 2022
How much does a Chevy Express 2500 transmission replacement cost?
My gear shift has become so stiff that I’m worried there’s a problem with my transmission and that I’ll have to get it replaced. What does a Chevy Express 2500 transmission replacement cost?
Aug 16, 2022
What does preapproved for a car loan mean?
My bank told me when I went in to get a car loan that I qualify for preapproval. What does it mean to be preapproved?
Nov 19, 2021
Read Advice From Car Experts At Jerry
Florida Motorcycle Insurance: Costs, Laws, and Quotes
Here’s what you should know about motorcycle insurance in Florida before shopping around.
Is Liberty Mutual Roadside Assistance Worth It?
How does Liberty Mutual’s roadside assistance measure up to competitors like AAA? Let’s find out.
Browse By Topics
Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free
No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies