How do I change the clutch master cylinder on my Honda Accord?
Brake fluid has been leaking down my firewall and is now all over my vehicle’s carpet. I think this has something to do with the master cylinder. Do you know how I can change the clutch master cylinder on my Honda Accord?
Answer provided by
Sorry to hear that your brake fluid is leaking—you’ll definitely want to address this issue before further damage is caused.
In order to change the clutch master cylinder on your Honda Accord, you’ll need a few tools. Make sure to have a line wrench, RTV sealant, and a bottle or cup for when you’ll have to drain fluid. Once you have your tools, follow the step-by-step guide below to replace your clutch master cylinder:
- Open your hood.
- Bleed as much fluid as you can from your reservoir. Then unclip the hose from the reservoir.
- Remove 10mm bolt from the reservoir bracket. This will allow you to have better access to the master cylinder (located below the reservoir bracket).
- Locate master cylinder and use your line wrench to remove the two nuts holding the cylinder to the firewall.
- Remove pins connecting the master cylinder pushrod to the clutch pedal.
- Remove faulty clutch master cylinder.
- Insert new clutch master cylinder.
- Attach reservoir hose to the new master cylinder. Rubbing RTV sealant onto the mating surface is one way to prevent further leakages through your firewall.
- Retighten two nuts holding the cylinder to the firewall, and then reconnect the pedal to the master cylinder.
Now that you’ve taken the time to repair your vehicle, why not take the time to review your car insurance. With Jerry, we make finding great car insurance coverage at an affordable rate easy.
After providing you with a comprehensive cross-analysis of the best policies across providers, Jerry will handle the phone calls, paperwork, and renewals for your top pick so that you don’t have to. They can even help cancel your old policy! The best part? Jerry users save an average of $887 a year on car insurance.
MORE: Car loan for Honda 2022
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How many people fit in a stretch Escalade?
I’m planning a bachelorette party for my friend, and I saw an Escalade limo online recently. I thought it was the coolest thing! Will the whole bachelorette party fit inside it? How many people fit in an Escalade limo?
Apr 15, 2022
How do you turn on the fog lights in a Jeep Liberty?
I recently started a new job with an early morning commute, and there’s always fog on the road when I’m heading to work. Is there a fog light feature in a Jeep Liberty? If so, how do I turn it on?
Bianca (Bee) Davis
Apr 15, 2022
How do you wash a ceramic coated car?
I have ceramic coating on the outside of my car to protect the paint. I want to start washing it at home, but I’m not sure where to begin. How do you wash a ceramic coated car?
Apr 15, 2022