How do I change a headlight on a Toyota Yaris?
I have a Toyota Yaris. When I was driving last night, I noticed that one of the headlights was out. I’ve never replaced a headlight bulb before. So how do I change the headlights on a Toyota Yaris?
Replacing a burned-out headlight is important for your own safety and the safety of other motorists. Luckily, even if you’ve never installed one before, doing so is easy.
To change a headlight on a Toyota Yaris, follow these steps:
- Purchase a replacement bulb. You can just go to an auto parts store and ask for the correct headlight bulb for a Toyota Yaris that’s your model year.
- Pop the hood using the lever under the dash on the driver’s side of the vehicle.
- Look toward the front of the engine compartment until you find a piece of rubber with a wiring harness leading to it. It’s right behind where the headlight is located.
- Disconnect the wiring harness.
- Remove the rubber seal by the tab.
- Press down on the spring and slide it out of the hook to remove the bulb.
- After you have the bulb out, replace it with the new one. Use a pair of gloves so you don’t touch the bulb, as this can shorten its lifespan.
- Pop the bulb back into place and replace the spring.
- Put the rubber housing back in place.
- Reconnect the wiring harness.
- Turn on your car and the headlights to make sure that the bulb works.
While your car insurance won’t pay for you to replace a headlight, it will certainly help you in the event of an accident. But you don’t need to overpay for car insurance. Instead, download the Jerry app to shop for the best deal on the coverage you need.
Jerry is a licensed insurance broker that collects quotes from dozens of top-rated and well-known car insurance companies. After you find a great rate for your Toyota Yaris, Jerry can help you buy insurance and cancel your old policy. Customers save an average of nearly $900 per year!
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How do I reset a 2007 Toyota Camry maintenance light?
I just took my car to the shop, but for whatever reason, the maintenance light remains. How can I reset the maintenance light on my 2007 Toyota Camry?
Dec 29, 2021
How do I disable the seatbelt chime on a 2017 Toyota Highlander?
I live in Illinois and I have a 2017 Toyota Highlander and so far, so good. The one thing I find annoying is the seatbelt chime. I usually wear my seat belt, but I use the vehicle at my job site to drive short distances and don’t always put my seatbelt on. So when the chime starts to get loud, it’s super annoying. How can I disable the seatbelt chime on my 2017 Highlander?
Dec 29, 2021
How do you unlock a Toyota Corolla?
I bought a 2015 Toyota Corolla and I love it so far. The only issue I’m having is with unlocking it. I don’t know if it’s the key fob or something else. How can I unlock my Toyota Corolla?
Dec 29, 2021