How do I change a headlight bulb on a Honda Accord?
How can I change a headlight bulb on an Accord? One of my headlights burned out, but I’ve never changed the bulb before.
Answer provided by
Replacing your headlight bulb when a headlight burns out of your Honda Accord is extremely important. Although you can always have a professional change the bulb for you, here is a DIY method to save you some extra cash:
- Step 1: Park your vehicle on a flat and even ground. Make sure you turn off the car and remove the keys from the ignition.
- Step 2: Pop open the hood.
- Step 3: Locate the headlight bulb. To get the burnt-out bulb, you will need to access it from the back.
- Step 4: Disconnect the wires. Connected to the lightbulb are wires through a connector tab. While you push on the lower portion of the tab, you will be able to pull the connector off from the lightbulb.
- Step 5: Take out the burnt-out light bulb. Headlight bulbs typically have a 90-degree angle, which means the part you see sticking out of the headlight assembly will face downwards. Maintaining a right angle, grab on the part of the bulb sticking out and turn the bulb counterclockwise. From there, you can pull the lightbulb out.
- Step 6: Install the new bulb. When handling a new lightbulb, you must wear vinyl or latex gloves. The natural oils from your hands can damage the new lightbulb.
- Step 7: Connect the wires to the new light bulb. Reattach the wire by pushing the connector into the end of the light bulb.
- Step 8: Test the new headlight bulb. Turn the headlights on and check that both are working correctly. You’ll also want to check if the strength of light on the new bulb matches or is even with the other side.
Now you know how to change a headlight the next time another bulb burns out!
Since you are taking time to replace your headlight bulb, now would be a great time to ensure you have the best car insurance policy with the Jerry app. A licensed broker that offers end-to-end support, the Jerry app gathers affordable quotes in seconds, helps you switch plans, and will even cancel your old policy. The average Jerry user saves $879 a year on car insurance!
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Browse More Content
What others are asking
How do you program a 2014 Audi key fob?
I’m trying to program a new key fob for my Audi, but I can’t find my manual. How do you program a 2014 Audi key fob?
Bianca (Bee) Davis
May 02, 2022
How do you program a 2005 Nissan Murano key fob?
I’m trying to program a new keyfob for my Nissan Murano, but I can’t find my manual. How do you program a 2005 NIssan Murano keyfob?
Bianca (Bee) Davis
May 02, 2022
How can I change the clock in my Honda Odyssey?
I’m on a road trip with my family for the weekend. We’ve driven from New York to Colorado, and I’ve noticed that the time on my dashboard didn’t adjust when we entered new time zones. What’s the easiest way to change the clock in a 2009 Honda Odyssey?
Dec 09, 2021