How do I change a headlight bulb on a 2004 Honda Accord?
The other day the headlights on my vehicle went out. I’m wondering if you have any advice on how to change a headlight on a Honda Accord?
Answer provided by
Thanks for reaching out! It sounds like the headlights on your Honda Accord burnt out. Not to worry, we can help!
To change a headlight bulb on a Honda Accord, you’ll first need to reference your vehicle’s owner’s manual in order to figure out what kind of replacement bulb to order. This will vary depending on the year your Honda Accord was made.
The first thing you’ll want to do is grab vinyl or latex gloves—these will help keep you safe when swapping out bulbs. When you’ve got your gloves and you’re ready to go, make sure your car is parked and the engine is turned off. From there, you can use the below step-by-step guide to replace your Honda Accord headlights:
- Step 1: Pop open the hood.
- Step 2: Access faulty headlight bulb. You can locate and access the faulty headlight bulb from the back of the headlight assembly.
- Step 3: Disconnect bulbs from wiring. Wires are connected to your headlights through a connector. Located on the connector is a tab—push the lower part of the tab, then pull the connector away from the bulb.
- Step 4: Remove faulty headlight bulb. Headlight bulbs are usually positioned at a 90-degree angle. Grab the protruding right angle and turn the bulb counterclockwise. Then remove the bulb.
- Step 5: Attach new headlight. Using your gloves, stick the new headlight bulb directly into the headlight assembly and turn it clockwise. This should lock the bulb in place.
- Step 6: Reattach wires. Take the connector from the wire and push it into the end of the bulb.
- Step 7: Test new headlight bulb. Turn your car on, then turn your headlights on to see if the replacement bulb works.
Make sure to supplement caring for your vehicle’s headlights with great car insurance. [Jerry] (https://getjerry.com/signup) can help!
Jerry is an insurance super app that offers end-to-end support when searching for the right car insurance. In under a minute, Jerry will provide you with competitive quotes from dozens of top insurance companies on the market. Interested in swapping policies? Jerry can help. We offer assistance in switching old policies out for new ones. It’s that simple!
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How do you turn on the heat in an Acura TLX?
I just got my first car, an Acura TLX, and I haven’t gotten to know the heating settings. How do you turn on the heat in an Acura TLX?
Bianca (Bee) Davis
Apr 15, 2022
What age can you start driving in Michigan?
My teen is eager to start driving, but I didn’t grow up in Michigan and don’t know all of the rules. How old do they need to be to get behind the wheel?
Apr 15, 2022
Why is the cruise control light blinking in my Subaru?
I’ve had my Subaru Impreza for nearly 180,000 miles and never had a single issue with it. But today, I had a check engine light come on, AND the cruise control light is blinking. Does this mean there’s a problem with my cruise control? What should I do to diagnose this? Why is the cruise control light blinking in my Subaru?
Apr 15, 2022