How do I change a car headlight bulb on a Honda Civic?
I have a 2000 Honda Civic and one of the headlight bulbs is burnt out. What’s the easiest way to change a headlight bulb on a Honda Civic?
Changing the headlight bulb is fairly easy and essential to staying safe on the road. To change a car headlight bulb on a Honda Civic, follow these steps:
- Open the hood.
- Locate the power steering reservoir and pull it out. This will give you access to the driver’s side of the headlight bulb. For the passenger’s side bulb, remove the car battery or loosen the battery-retaining bracket to access it.
- Once you have more space to access the headlight bulbs, you should see an electrical connector attached to the bulb. Remove the connector by squeezing both sides of the connector tab. Pull the connector out.
- Locate the rubber weather seal at the back of the headlight assembly. Remove the seal by pulling the tab.
- A wire should now be visible. This wire holds the bulbs in place. Unclasp this by pushing it away to get to the bulb.
- Take the old bulb out and replace it with a new one. Check your owner’s manual if you’re unsure which bulb you need.
- Reverse the order to install everything back into place.
- Close the hood, start the car, and turn on the headlights to test the bulb.
Since you’re taking good care of your older car, take some time to review its car insurance policy as well with the Jerry app. Jerry generates competitive quotes from over 50 top providers in less than a minute. Jerry finds the best rates for the coverage you need without any hassles.
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How do I adjust headlights on a 2001 Honda Civic?
My uncle kept his old Civic because he wanted to give it to me. I noticed the headlights aren’t adjusted correctly and I’d like to drive it. What’s the best way to adjust headlights on a 2001 Honda Civic?
Dec 21, 2021
How do I add transmission fluid to a Honda Odyssey?
I’m having trouble shifting gears in my Honda Odyssey. I called my dad and he said I should check and add transmission fluid to my car. I’ve never added transmission fluid before, so how do I do it? What’s the easiest way to add transmission fluid in a Honda Odyssey?
Dec 21, 2021
How do I connect my Bluetooth headphones to my Honda Pilot?
How can I use Bluetooth headphones in my Pilot? I have a 2019 Honda Pilot and my family and I are going on a road trip to visit my in-laws. To keep my kids occupied, they will be watching movies, but I don't want to listen to the movie Frozen again.
Dec 21, 2021