How do I apply a vinyl wrap to a car emblem?
I want to wrap my car’s logos in black vinyl, but I don’t exactly know how to do it. What am I supposed to do to apply vinyl wrap to a car emblem?
Vinyl wraps are a cheap, easy alternative to painting! Before you start wrapping, make sure to thoroughly clean and dry your emblem. Once you’ve done that, follow these steps to wrap your emblem in vinyl:
- Cut a piece of vinyl that is slightly larger than your emblem.
- Peel the adhesive backing off and place the vinyl over the emblem.
- Use your finger to push the outline of the emblem into the vinyl. You should only see the outline of the emblem through the vinyl at this point.
- Use a heat gun to melt the vinyl around the emblem.
- Use an edge tool to fit the vinyl as tightly as possible to the badge.
- Apply heat as necessary while carefully wrapping every corner and edge.
- Use a razor blade to cut the excess vinyl around the edges.
If you followed those steps, then you should have a newly wrapped emblem! Remember, vinyl wraps usually last for 3-5 years, so you may need to change it in the future.
Since you’re already taking the time to wrap your emblem, take an extra minute to save on car insurance with Jerry. A licensed broker, the Jerry app can help you compare personalized quotes from over 50 top providers like Progressive and Nationwide for free. When you find a better plan, Jerry can help you buy your new coverage and even help cancel your old policy!
MORE: How to modify a car
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How much does it cost to ship a car to Hawaii from California?
I’m moving from Los Angeles to Honolulu next month. I’d like to bring my car with me, but I don’t know if it’s worth it. What does it normally cost to ship a car to Hawaii from California?
Nov 23, 2021
How do I add oil to a car AC compressor?
I’m servicing my air compressor to make my HVAC system colder. I know I’m supposed to add oil, but I’m a little unclear on some of the details. What steps should I take to add oil to my car AC compressor?
Nov 23, 2021
How do I apply for a lost or duplicate car title in Arkansas?
I lost my title and I need it to sell my vehicle. What should I do to apply for a duplicate or lost car title in Arkansas?
Nov 23, 2021