How can you reset the oil service light on a BMW 1 Series?
My aunt recently gifted me her BMW 1 Series that has been collecting dust in her garage for the last few months. It needs a bit of work though. I just finished doing an oil change, but the light is still on. How do I turn off the oil change warning on a BMW?
- Turn the ignition on but do not start the engine. If the vehicle is push-to-start, press the start button without pushing down the brake pedal.
- Hold down the odometer or trip reset button until the service menu appears. The reset button is usually on the instrument panel to the left of the speedometer, and the service menu should appear after holding the button for 5–10 seconds.
- Use the reset button or controls on the turn signal lever to scroll through the settings until you find the oil service warning.
- Press the reset button—or depending on the model, the BC button on the end of the turn signal lever—until you see a prompt asking if you’d like to reset the service warning.
- Hold the reset or BC button until the display shows it is resetting. Then, confirm the reset if prompted.