How can I shampoo my car carpet?
I do a lot of hiking and camping, and my car’s carpet has really taken a beating from it. I know that shampooing your home’s carpet is a thing, but can you shampoo car carpet? If so, how?
Shampooing your car’s carpet is a great way to keep your car looking and smelling like new. The best part is anyone can do it!
Just follow these steps.
- Remove your floor mats. Take them out and shake off all dirt and debris.
- Vacuum your car. Use a vacuum to reach under the pedals, seats, and into any other crevices.
- Choose a carpet cleaner and brush. Although there are a lot of options to choose from, they all work more or less the same—which you choose really depends on your own preference. Look for a soft-bristled brush to help you work the shampoo into the carpet.
- Clean the carpet. Apply the carpet cleaner and allow it to sit for about 10 minutes. Then, slowly brush the carpet in circular motions. Repeat as necessary.
- Rinse the carpet. Using a wet rag, dampen the shampooed areas and try to pull up as much soap as possible. Do not get the carpet too wet as it can lead to mold growth underneath.
- Let the carpet dry. The best way to let your carpet dry and avoid mold is to open all the doors and let it sit out in the sun for a few hours.
While you’re waiting for your carpet to dry, why not take some time to review your car insurance policy? If you feel that you’re paying too much, are underinsured, or are just unsatisfied with your company’s service, check out the Jerry app.
Jerry works to find you great car insurance at the lowest price. Before every policy renewal period, you’ll be presented with new competitive quotes, which means you’ll always have the best coverage at the best price. And if you want to switch policies, that’s fine! Jerry can help cancel your old policy.
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How soon do you have to insure a new car?
I purchased a new car last week. I haven't added it to my insurance policy yet. How long do I have to insure it?
Oct 19, 2021
How can I replace my car door lock cylinder?
Someone broke into my car last night and somehow damaged the lock cylinder on my door. Now my key won’t even go into the lock. How can I replace the lock cylinder?
Oct 21, 2021
What is the best way to protect yourself after a car accident?
What can I do to make sure I am safe after a car accident? I haven't been in one before, but I don’t want to take any chances—I want to make sure I am as prepared as possible. If I do get into a car accident, how should I protect myself?
Oct 21, 2021