How can I remove tough stains on car paint?
How do I remove stubborn stains from my paint? My apartment complex does not have an indoor parking garage. Usually, I end up parking under a pine tree. Now, there is sap on my pain, and I don’t know how to get it off.
Don’t worry; you’ve come to the right place! Sap from pine trees can be particularly sticky. Even so, the acetone in nail polish remover can remove sap from your car’s paint.
- Step one: Begin by washing your car with car soap, washing mitts, two buckets of water, a hose, and a microfiber towel. Washing your car first will remove any dirt and dust from the area.
- Step two: Pour the acetone on a clean cloth and rub the product onto the tree sap stain. Use circular motions to rub away the sap.
- Step three: Pour one part baking soda and three parts hot water in a bowl and stir until you create a paste. Apply this product to the same area as where the stain was.
- Step four: Wash your car to remove the paste.
- Step five: Apply wax or sealant to protect your vehicle from future stains.
Voila—no more tree sap!
To continue to protect your car, consider updating your car insurance or getting a roadside assistance membership with Jerry. Jerry not only generates competitive quotes from top providers in less than a minute but also offers a roadside assistance membership for as low as $4.16 a month. Call our friendly agents to see if you qualify for a special discount rate of $50 for your first year!
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How can I remove the sticker from the car window?
How can I remove the sticker without damaging the glass? I want to remove the decal sticker on my window.
Nov 15, 2021
How can I remove sun spots from car paint?
Can you remove sun spots from car paint? Living in Florida, there is hot and sunny weather for more than half the year. My car paint has faded from the sunlight and constant heat, is there a way to fix my paintwork?
Nov 15, 2021
How can I remove tint from the back car window?
Can I remove the tint from the rear window? I bought a second-hand vehicle and the previous owner tinted the rear window. I’m not interested in having a tint and would like to remove it.
Nov 15, 2021