How can I remove scratches from my car with household items?
I’m a senior in high school, and prom is quickly approaching. I’m picking up my date and her friends to take pictures and I want my car to look as good as we will. I bought the car a few months ago, and it’s a bit scratched up. How can I remove the scratches using household items?
- Wet a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser or similar sponge and gently rub the scratches
- Find some toothpaste and gently rub it into the scratches using an old toothbrush; don’t forget to wipe it away using a clean cloth, and apply a second coat if necessary
- Use auto touch-up paint (or nail polish if you’re in a bind) that matches the color of your vehicle to cover the scratches
- Spray some WD-40 on a clean, soft cloth and firmly wipe the area until the scratches begin to fade
- Find some shoe polish that matches your vehicle or is slightly darker and gently apply it to the scratches