How can I program a Honda Odyssey garage remote?
My wife and I just got a 2018 Honda Odyssey and it has this awesome Homelink garage remote. We’d love to use it but we can’t seem to find the instructions How can we properly program the remote?
Chloe Jenkins · Updated on
Reviewed by Shannon Martin, Licensed Insurance Agent.
Congrats on the new car! Having a garage door remote in your car can be an awesome convenience that’ll save you plenty of time and discomfort having to get in and out of the car just to open up your garage door.
To program your
Honda OdysseyHomelink remote, just follow these quick steps:
- Locate your Homelink buttons on the bottom of your rearview mirror. Each button can be programmed to a different garage door.
- If your Homelink system has ever been connected to another garage door, you will need to reset the system by holding down the first and third button simultaneously until the lights begin to flash.
- Place your garage door opener next to your rearview mirror and press the Homelink button you want to program.
- Once the light begins to flash, press and hold your garage door opener, one or twice, until you see the light turn green.
- Exit your vehicle and go to your garage door. Locate the button, which will be different depending on the type of door you have.
- Enter your vehicle and press the Homelink button that you have programmed to your door at least twice and your system should now be properly programmed.
Now that you can enjoy the convenience of your Honda Odyssey’s remote garage door feature, take a moment to check out the
Jerryapp and all the other car-related conveniences it has to offer.
It’s this simple: download the Jerry app or go to getjerry.com. In less than 45 seconds, Jerry collects all of your information from your existing insurer. Choose from competitive quotes from 50-plus top
car insurancecompanies and Jerry takes care of the rest—securing your new policy and helping you cancel your old one. No long forms. No calling around. No hard work. Just savings. The average Jerry user saves $879 a year on car insurance.
View full answer
WHY YOU CAN TRUST JERRY
Jerry partners with more than 50 insurance companies, but our content is independently researched, written, and fact-checked by our team of editors and agents. We aren’t paid for reviews or other content.
Browse More Content
Car Repair Resources
Insurance in Your State
What Others Are Asking
How can I reset the check engine light on my 2017 Toyota Camry?
I recently had my Camry serviced after noticing the check engine light. The mechanic found the problem and fixed the issue, but my check engine light has not gone away. How do you turn off the check engine light on a Toyota Camry?
How do you reset a camshaft position sensor?
I ran a diagnostic on my car, and it looks like my camshaft sensor is faulty. Is there a way to reset it like you can with a crankshaft? How do you reset a camshaft position sensor?
Bianca (Bee) Davis
Does Progressive's good driving program track speed?
What do safe driving programs track? I want to enroll in their Snapshot program. I often speed and don't want to miss out on a discount because of it.
Read Advice From Car Experts At Jerry
Do You Need Motorcycle Insurance in Texas?
Insurance requirements for motorcyclists in Texas are the same as those for car drivers—but what happens if you’re in an accident without the proper coverage?
How to Get an Illinois Learners Permit
Once you turn 15, you can apply for an instruction permit—but don’t head to the DMV without reading our guide first.
Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free
No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies