How can I program a Honda Odyssey garage remote?
My wife and I just got a 2018 Honda Odyssey and it has this awesome Homelink garage remote. We’d love to use it but we can’t seem to find the instructions How can we properly program the remote?
Answer provided by
Congrats on the new car! Having a garage door remote in your car can be an awesome convenience that’ll save you plenty of time and discomfort having to get in and out of the car just to open up your garage door.
To program your Honda Odyssey Homelink remote, just follow these quick steps:
- Locate your Homelink buttons on the bottom of your rearview mirror. Each button can be programmed to a different garage door.
- If your Homelink system has ever been connected to another garage door, you will need to reset the system by holding down the first and third button simultaneously until the lights begin to flash.
- Place your garage door opener next to your rearview mirror and press the Homelink button you want to program.
- Once the light begins to flash, press and hold your garage door opener, one or twice, until you see the light turn green.
- Exit your vehicle and go to your garage door. Locate the learn button, which will be different depending on the type of door you have.
- Enter your vehicle and press the Homelink button that you have programmed to your door at least twice and your system should now be properly programmed.
Now that you can enjoy the convenience of your Honda Odyssey’s remote garage door feature, take a moment to check out the Jerry app and all the other car-related conveniences it has to offer.
It’s this simple: download the Jerry app or go to getjerry.com. In less than 45 seconds, Jerry collects all of your information from your existing insurer. Choose from competitive quotes from 50-plus top car insurance companies and Jerry takes care of the rest—securing your new policy and helping you cancel your old one. No long forms. No calling around. No hard work. Just savings. The average Jerry user saves $879 a year on car insurance.
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
What others are asking
How do you reset a camshaft position sensor?
I ran a diagnostic on my car, and it looks like my camshaft sensor is faulty. Is there a way to reset it like you can with a crankshaft? How do you reset a camshaft position sensor?
Bianca (Bee) Davis
May 02, 2022
How can I reset the check engine light on my 2017 Toyota Camry?
I recently had my Camry serviced after noticing the check engine light. The mechanic found the problem and fixed the issue, but my check engine light has not gone away. How do you turn off the check engine light on a Toyota Camry?
May 02, 2022
Does Progressive's good driving program track speed?
What do safe driving programs track? I want to enroll in their Snapshot program. I often speed and don't want to miss out on a discount because of it.
Jan 06, 2022