How can I install a trailer wiring harness on a 2014 Honda Pilot?
I recently purchased a small fishing boat, and it was just delivered today. I’ll be using my 2014 Honda Pilot LX to tow it. Before the boat leaves my driveway, I need to install trailer wiring. What’s the best way to install a trailer wiring harness on my Honda?
- Open the trunk and fold the rear seats forward.
- Remove the compartment cover labeled AUX FUSE located on the driver’s side of the vehicle.
- Locate the white trailer tow plug in the AUX FUSE compartment.
- Mount the T-connector’s black box module in a flat area that is out of the way.
- Open the hood and locate the vehicle’s fuse box. If you’re having trouble locating the box, consult the owner’s manual.
- Insert the wiring harness’ fuses into the correct position. Again, you can consult the owner’s manual for further details.
- Locate the large gray housing under the bumper on the driver’s side and remove the cap.
- Plug the towing harness into the gray tow plug located underneath the cap.
- Run the T-connector harness rearward and secure the tow harness to the hitch.
- Test the connection and reinstall the panels removed during installation.