How can I get a car dealer license for car auctions?
I own a small registered vehicle repair shop where I usually work on my cars and a few friends’ cars, but I have been thinking about buying and selling used cars. I know the best deals are at auctions and I was wondering how I can get my car dealer license so that I can attend auctions?
- Ask the DMV which license you will need
- Make sure your business is registered
- Meet zoning requirements
- Complete a pre-licensing seminar
- Provide proof of insurance
- Pass a background check
- Purchase a motor vehicle dealer bond
- Complete your dealer license application and submit it to the state