How can I clean car upholstery stains?
I’m the proud mother of five children. However, I’m less proud of my car being in a constant state of disaster. My dad agreed to watch the kids this weekend, so I want to get caught up on all my chores and hopefully some sleep. One of the chores is to get the stains out of my car’s upholstery, but how can I clean upholstery stains?
- Remove ink stains using hairspray or rubbing alcohol mixed with water.
- Remove grease or oil stains using a 50-50 mixture of paint thinner and water. Then cover the stain with salt or cornmeal, leave overnight, and vacuum it clean.
- Remove coffee stains by diluting with cold water and applying glass cleaner. Let sit for five minutes and dry. If the stain is still visible, use dishwashing liquid and warm water.
- Remove vomit stains with mild soap and water and then blot with club soda or apply a baking soda and water paste.
- Remove blood stains using cold water and hydrogen peroxide. You could also use liquid dish detergent, baking soda, or cold saltwater.