How can I clean a really dirty car exterior?
I went to a music festival with some friends yesterday and parked in a grass parking lot. It rained all day and by the time we left, the grass lot had transformed into a giant mud pit. My car is a mess and desperately needs a clean. What’s the best way to clean a filthy car exterior?
- Garden hose
- Two or three buckets
- Car wash detergent
- Wash mitts
- Soft towels that won’t scratch the vehicle
- Scrub brush
- Park in the shade and roll up the windows
- Fill the buckets with water and add detergent to all but one. The bucket containing only water will be used to rinse your mitts and sponge
- Hose off the vehicle to remove loose dirt and debris
- Use one bucket containing detergent to clean the wheels using the scrub brush and a sponge or mitt
- Dump out the dirty water as necessary
- Wash the rest of the car with soapy water and rinse your sponge or mitt often
- Work from top to bottom and hose down each area once clean
- Hose down the underside of your car