Has any country invested in electric cars?
I’ve been thinking about getting an electric car for my next car, but I wonder what the future looks like for electric cars globally. I’ve noticed more of them on the road lately, but are there any other countries that have invested in electric cars?
Answer provided by
- The United States announced plans for a $7.5 billion EV charging network.
- In the UK, the government offers a $3,480 discount on new EVs under $48,670.
- China has so many regulatory incentives and subsidies that it has become the world’s largest market for electric vehicles.
- New Zealand offers cash rebates to buyers of electric and low-emission cars.
- Norway offers such extensive tax bonuses to buyers of electric cars that they are just as affordable as their gas-powered counterparts.