Does Shelter offer motorcycle insurance?
I’m finally getting the motorcycle I’ve wanted for years, and I’m so excited! I’m curious about how to get insurance, though. Shelter covers my car, but do they offer motorcycle policies too?
Sarah Gray · Answered on Feb 06, 2023
Reviewed by Shannon Martin, Licensed Insurance Agent.
Congratulations on your motorcycle! And you’re in luck—Shelter does offer motorcycle insurance. When you insure your motorcycle with Shelter, your policy will include:
- Bodily injury liability to pay for medical expenses if someone gets injured in an accident you cause
- Property damage liability to pay for damages to other people’s property you may cause with your motorcycle
- Roadside assistance to help with everything from flat tires to dead batteries
You’ll also have the option to add the following:
- Collision coverage to pay for damages to your bike whether you’re at fault in an accident or not
- Comprehensive coverage to pay for damages caused by anything other than a collision, and to cover losses associated with theft
- Medical payments (MedPay) to help cover medical expenses associated with a covered accident
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage to pay for expenses if the at-fault driver doesn’t carry adequate coverage
- Disability income, which can provide a weekly stipend if a covered accident renders you unable to work
- Personal injury protection (PIP), which is required in no-fault states and helps cover medical bills and additional injury-related expenses
Shelter also offers coverage to protect modifications you’ve made to your bike and damages to trailers, sidecars, or safety equipment you use while riding.
View full answer
WHY YOU CAN TRUST JERRY
Jerry partners with more than 50 insurance companies, but our content is independently researched, written, and fact-checked by our team of editors and agents. We aren’t paid for reviews or other content.
Browse More Content
Insurance in Your State
What Others Are Asking
Does Country Financial have gap insurance?
I’m considering buying a new car for the first time, and my sister told me I need to look into gap insurance. Does Country Financial have gap insurance?
Feb 06, 2023
How do you delete a Bluetooth device from a 2013 Honda Accord?
I just bought a used car and want to pair my phone with it, but the old owner’s phone is still the default option. How do you delete a Bluetooth device from a 2013 Honda Accord?
Feb 06, 2023
How to connect Bluetooth to a Honda CR-V?
I recently bought a new Honda CR-V after driving a rundown old Civic for years. I’m stoked to finally have a new car, but I’m a little behind in terms of car technology. How do you connect to Bluetooth in a CR-V?
Feb 06, 2023
Read Advice From Car Experts At Jerry
The Most Common 2017 Nissan Murano Problems
Major electrical system issues and the recalled brake fluid leak are among the 2017 Nissan Murano problems you should know about.
Mazda CX-5 Tire Pressure
The recommended Mazda CX-5 tire pressure is 34 psi for the 17” rims and 35 psi for the 19” rims.
Browse By Topics
Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free
No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies