Does my liability insurance cover me when I'm driving overseas?

I travel quite a bit during the year and I rent cars to get around. Does my liability insurance cover me when I drive overseas?

May 04, 2021
Answer provided by
Eric Schad
Answered at May 04, 2021
“Most insurance companies will cover you in all states, U.S. territories, and sometimes Canada.
If you’re visiting countries outside of these areas, you’ll need to take the liability coverage offered by the rental company.
Your credit card may have a collision damage waiver for international rentals, but make sure. If not, you might also want to take the rental car company’s collision insurance.”
Liability CoverageCar Insurance

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies