Does insurance cover damage from someone putting sugar in your gas tank?

"Would insurance cover someone putting sugar in my gas tank? It caused a huge amount of damage and repair bills are going to be $3,000. I have full coverage, but I'm worried my claim won't be approved."

“Since you have full coverage, your insurance should cover this. It will likely be classified as vandalism and filed under your comprehensive insurance.
You will still be required to pay your deductible, but your insurance will cover whatever is left of the $3,000 bill.
If you’re concerned about your coverage, you can reach out to your car insurance company directly. An agent will be able to help clarify what will be covered.”
Emily Maracle
Answered on Jul 28, 2021
Emily Maracle is a car insurance specialist living in New York. Originally from the Pacific Northwest, she has a degree in English Literature and a background in customer service. She enjoys cooking, gardening, and living sustainably. In the future, she can't wait to upgrade to a hybrid or electric car.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Let Jerry’s experts help you find savings on your car insurance!
No long forms or spam · Get quotes from 40+ carriers
Find insurance savings (100% Free)
4.7/5 Rating on App Store