Does car insurance cover me if a shopping cart hits my Mazda?

"I was in a parking lot and a runaway shopping cart hit my car. Can I use my insurance to cover the resulting dent?"

“A runaway shopping cart would most likely be covered under comprehensive car insurance, which covers anything that is not a collision with another vehicle.
Keep in mind that if the cost of damage is less than the deductible, you’ll have to pay out of pocket anyway, so it would probably be best to just pay for the repairs yourself from a cost perspective.”
Sophie Newman
Answered on Jul 26, 2021
Sophie Newman is a writer from California. Her hobbies include brewing her own kombucha, riding horses, and taking long road trips.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Read advice from car experts at Jerry

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free