Do I need special insurance for a campervan?

Do I need special insurance for this, or would a regular auto insurance policy cover the campervan? I used a professional company to convert an old van into a temporary living space.

“Yes, you’ll need to purchase a car insurance policy that is specific to your vehicle. Campervans usually fall under the category of a class B motorhome.
Just like with regular auto insurance, insurers will offer different options for covering your motorhome. You may want to consider what items within the vehicle you want to be protected as well as the kind of coverage you want while driving.
Consider using the free Jerry app to help you compare rates from the top companies in under a minute.”
Sophie Newman
Answered on Jul 28, 2021
Sophie Newman is a writer from California. Her hobbies include brewing her own kombucha, riding horses, and taking long road trips.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.