Can you drive a salvage title car in Kansas?

I bought a wrecked Ford F-150 and finally got all the repairs finished. It’s in good driving condition now but has a non-highway salvage title. Can you drive a salvage title car in Kansas?

Mary Alice Morris · Answered on Dec 09, 2022
Reviewed by Shannon Martin, Licensed Insurance Agent.
You can drive a salvage title car in Kansas, but you’ll need to get your non-highway salvage title transferred to a salvage title so you can register and plate your pickup.
To get your Ford F-150 ready for the road, you’ll need to follow these steps:
  • Vehicle inspection: Take your truck to a Kansas Highway Patrol motor vehicle inspection station for a motor vehicle examination. You’ll get a pink paper copy of the motor vehicle examination record to keep, called an MVE-1.
  • Update the title: Take the MVE-1, proof of insurance, and your old non-highway salvage title to your county treasurer’s office to apply for a rebuilt salvage title.
  • Register your vehicle: You can complete your Kansas vehicle registration as usual through the county treasurer’s motor vehicle office.
View full answer 
Jerry partners with more than 50 insurance companies, but our content is independently researched, written, and fact-checked by our team of editors and agents. We aren’t paid for reviews or other content.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free