Can I take car insurance off a car that isn't running if I live in Pennsylvania?

My 1999 Ford Expedition quit running. I don't have the $600 for repairs. Can I take the coverage off it until I can fix it if I live in Pennsylvania?

“Unfortunately, Pennsylvania has strict rules regarding coverage on registered vehicles. That means you’re going to have to pay for insurance, regardless of whether the car runs or not.
For your purposes, just opt for the state-minimum liability coverage. Shop for quotes online and just select the best cheap car insurance policy you can find.
When you have the car up and running, increase your liability coverage limits to better protect yourself.”
Eric Schad
Answered on Apr 28, 2021
Eric Schad has been a freelance writer for nearly a decade, as well as an SEO specialist and editor for the past five years. Before getting behind the keyboard, he worked in the finance and music industries (the perfect combo). With a wide array of professional and personal experiences, he’s developed a knack for tone and branding across many different verticals. Away from the computer, Schad is a blues guitar shredder, crazed sports fan, and always down for a spontaneous trip anywhere around the globe.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Let Jerry’s experts help you find savings on your car insurance!
No long forms or spam · Get quotes from 40+ carriers
Find insurance savings (100% Free)
4.7/5 Rating on App Store

Read advice from car experts at Jerry

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free