Can I insure my vehicle if I move frequently for work?

I travel for work and will be moving every few weeks. I do have a permanent address, but won't have a set place where the vehicle is garaged. Is there a way for me to insure my vehicle?

“While it’s true that car insurance companies do require you to provide an address where the vehicle is garaged at least 51% of the time, there are likely other options for you.
The best thing to do would be to reach out to your current insurance company. Find out if they offer a different type of policy that can cover your vehicle.
There are many different types of car insurance. Even if your current carrier doesn’t have what you need, you should be able to find a carrier that will insure your vehicle.
You should shop around and reach out to other car insurance companies in your area. They can provide you with guidance on what policy will work best for you, and you also may save some money by shopping around! “
Emily Maracle
Answered on Apr 21, 2021
Emily Maracle is a car insurance specialist living in New York. Originally from the Pacific Northwest, she has a degree in English Literature and a background in customer service. She enjoys cooking, gardening, and living sustainably. In the future, she can't wait to upgrade to a hybrid or electric car.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Let Jerry’s experts help you find savings on your car insurance!
No long forms or spam · Get quotes from 40+ carriers
Find insurance savings (100% Free)
4.7/5 Rating on App Store

Read advice from car experts at Jerry

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free