Can I get roadside assistance to pay for windshield damage to my car?

"I was stranded on the side of the road, so I called roadside assistance. Somehow they managed to put a huge crack in my windshield.

Can I get roadside assistance to pay for this?"

Answer provided by
Eric Schad
Answered on Jun 22, 2021
Eric Schad has been a freelance writer for nearly a decade, as well as an SEO specialist and editor for the past five years. Before getting behind the keyboard, he worked in the finance and music industries (the perfect combo). With a wide array of professional and personal experiences, he’s developed a knack for tone and branding across many different verticals. Away from the computer, Schad is a blues guitar shredder, crazed sports fan, and always down for a spontaneous trip anywhere around the globe.
“In most instances, roadside assistance companies have insurance that will cover this type of thing.
Usually, you can call them and ask them to pay for the damages. Reputable companies are unlikely to fight you on this, although the sooner you act, the better.
If you wait days to call them, it turns into a he-said, she-said scenario, and you might miss out on reimbursement.
Act quick, see what they say, and get estimates.
If all else fails, you can call your car insurance company to see what they say. In extreme cases, you may have to take them to small claims court if the damage is enough to at least cover court costs and some repairs.”

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies