"Can I get an SR22 for my motorcycle? "

"I need an SR22 to keep my license active. I just sold my car, and I think I will only have my motorcycle for now. Can I have an SR22 on my motorcycle policy?


Answer provided by
Shannon Martin
Answered on May 06, 2021
“An SR22 filing, or “”certificate of financial responsibility,”” can apply to either an auto policy or a motorcycle policy in most states. You will want to check with your local DMV and insurance carrier to make sure the liability insurance limits meet your state’s requirements.
You might find that it is cheaper to have an SR22 on a motorcycle policy than an auto policy! Another great way to save money is by downloading the free insurance-shopping app Jerry. Jerry will shop with over 40 carriers to find the best rates for you. “

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies