Can I get a refund for an SR22 that I didn't actually need?

I just found out that I've been paying for an unnecessary SR22 for the last year. Can I get my money back? I'm based in Colorado.

That’s unfortunate, but there’s good news—you may qualify for a refund if you can prove to your car insurance company that the SR22 form was unnecessary.
To find out how you can provide proof and apply for a refund, contact your insurance company and the Colorado DMV.
Carol Chung
Answered on Apr 12, 2021

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Read advice from car experts at Jerry

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free