Can a title loan repo your car?
I took out a title loan because I had to get an emergency root canal and didn't have dental insurance. I didn't realize I didn't have paid time off and ended up losing a few days to recover. Because my finances are kind of a house of cards, these disruptions sent the whole thing crashing down. My friend told me to be careful because title loan companies can repossess your car. Can a title loan repo your car?
- Attorney general’s office
- State consumer protection office
- Telling you in advance if you’re nearing the point of repossession.
- Giving you time to gather up personal belongings.
- Turning over the car yourself.
- Providing a heads up on when they’ll sell your car.