Are the guidelines for a classic car policy different than a standard car policy?
What are the rules for classic car coverage? I heard that classic car insurance is cheaper than regular insurance so I am thinking about moving my 1970 Jeep Wagoneer over to a classic policy to save money. I know classic car policies have an age restriction which I meet.
- Vehicle must be 25 years old or older.
- The vehicle must be in good to excellent condition and have an agreed value of at least $3,500.
- It cannot be your daily driver. You must insure at least one other vehicle furnished for your everyday use.
- It must be stored in a secure and enclosed space.
- It can not be used for racing.
- Some insurance carriers have mileage limits that can not be exceeded.