Who pays for a new vehicle if a car accident wasn't my fault?

If my car is totaled in an accident and the other driver is at fault, who pays for me to get a new car?

Answer provided by
Jessica Bartolucci
Answered on Feb 24, 2021
Thanks for the question! If the other driver is at fault, you will want to file a claim with their insurance provider to ensure you get a new car.
If you want to learn more about what you should do after your car is totaled, check out this article: How to React If Your Car is Deemed a Total Loss After a Car Accident.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies