What parts will my insurance cover?

My car’s bumper, fenders, hood, and headlights were all damaged in a crash. Will my insurance cover repairs/replacement for all these parts?

It really depends who is at fault. For example, if the damages were a result of you rear-ending someone else, you would need to have collision coverage on your policy to replace/repair those parts. If you do not, that would be an out-of-pocket expense.
If the accident is not your fault and the other driver has insurance, you would be paid out through their policy through property damage coverage.
If the accident is the fault of the other driver and they do not have insurance, you would need uninsured motorist property damage coverage on your policy to pay for the repairs/replacement.
Jessica Bartolucci
Answered on Mar 12, 2021

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.