What kinds of high-value items should be insured individually?

I'm buying a new home insurance policy and I'm not sure if I need extra coverage for my items. Which ones would benefit from individual coverage?

Thanks for your question! Anything that’s worth $1,500 per piece is considered a high-value item. If it belongs to one of the following groups, you want to insure it individually on your homeowners insurance policy: electronics, jewelry, bicycles, musical instruments, furs, coins, and crystals.
Alexah Grinnell
Answered on Mar 02, 2021
Alexah Grinnell has been working in the insurance industry for 5 years with a primary focus of coverage consulting in the sales department. She has been working for Jerry Insurance since July of 2019 and has also has experience working for AAA and State Farm. She currently lives in Rochester, NY with her husband and 3 kids

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Let Jerry’s experts help you find savings on your car insurance!
No long forms or spam · Get quotes from 40+ carriers
Find insurance savings (100% Free)
4.7/5 Rating on App Store