What do you do if you're involved in a vehicle collision and the other driver doesn't have insurance?

I got into an accident recently and it turns out the other driver is uninsured. What am I supposed to do in this situation?

That’s a hard situation to be in! The most important thing to do is to make sure you and the other driver are safe.
When you’re involved in an accident with someone who doesn’t have insurance, you’ll want to call your insurance agent to check if you have uninsured motorist coverage.
If you do, you’ll file a claim through your own policy for your bodily injury and/or property damage expenses. If you don’t, then you’ll be responsible for these bills.
If you need to add additional coverage to your current policy, try using Jerry. Jerry is a free app that compares rates from the top 50 companies in under a minute and delivers the best deals right to your phone.
Jessica Bartolucci
Answered on Jul 27, 2021

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Read advice from car experts at Jerry

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free