What do I do if I disagree with my insurance company's decision that my car is a total loss?

Answered by Home Insurance, Car Insurance Expert Alexah on February 22, 2021

I got into a pretty bad crash and my car got the worst of it. The insurance adjuster decided that my car is a total loss, but I think it can still be saved. What do I do?

expert avatar


Home Insurance, Car Insurance Expert

Thanks for the question! If you have evidence that your vehicle is worth more than the number the insurance adjuster is giving you, and you don’t believe your vehicle should be deemed a total loss, you can try to negotiate with your insurance company. You can also hire an attorney to help you negotiate with the insurance company.

Car Insurance

Have an insurance question?

Our insurance agents are ready to help you, for free.

Ask your question, it’s 100% free
Thousands of customers saved on average $887/year on their car insurance with Jerry
This app is great, but the customer service is even better! Not to mention convenient! My husband and I got the lowest rate (much lower than the rates I was finding online through my own searches), quickly, and pretty much all through text message! Thank you so much for a hassle free experience👍
Gabriella R.
Find savings (100% Free)
stars4.6/5 Rating on App Store