Are there lenders who offer car loans to non-permanent residents?

I'm a non-permanent resident who's in the U.S. for work purposes. I'd like to buy a car so I can get around more easily. Would I qualify for a loan?

Answer provided by
Johnny Puckett
Answered on Mar 12, 2021
While most lenders do not offer loans to non-permanent residents, there are some that will work with you. You will usually need to provide the lender with your visa, a letter from your employer, payment documents, and proof that you are a legal resident. Be aware, though, that if your visa is close to its expiration date, it is unlikely that lenders will work with you.
Car Loans

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies