What are the best tires for a Toyota Prius?
My Toyota Prius’s tires feel like they aren’t giving me enough traction, so I’m looking for replacement tires with better handling. What are the best tires for a Toyota Prius?
Answer provided by
The best tires for your Toyota Prius will depend on several factors, one of the most important tire size.
Your owner’s manual should tell you what tire size you need. Also, keep in mind that vehicles within the same make and model year can sometimes have different tire sizes depending on trim level and other factors.
For example, one possible tire size for a 2022 Toyota Prius LE is 195/65R15. Here’s a breakdown of what that means:
- The 195 means the tire is 265 millimeters wide
- The 65 means the tire’s height is 65% of its width
- The R means the tire’s inner layers lie radially
- The 15 refers to the rims’ 15-inch diameter
You’ll also want to pay attention to a tire’s speed rating and load index for compatibility. And as for tire types, here are a few options to consider for your Toyota Prius:
- All-season car tires: All-season tires offer reliable year-round handling, which sounds like a good option for you to consider based on what you’re looking for
- Winter/snow car tires: You can switch out your summer tires for these for better handling on snowy, icy roads
- Ultra-high performance (UHP) tires: Some UHP tires are used year-round, while others are only for warm seasons. They can provide added traction and improved handling, but the tread on UHP tires can wear faster than other options
If your current car insurance policy gives you little to no traction, it’s probably time to replace that. Jerry, the insurance comparison super app, you can quickly and easily shop for the best deals on the level of coverage you need from top insurance providers.
Getting started takes less than a minute, and Jerry users enjoy an average savings of $800+ per year on car insurance!
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
What are the Volkswagen Rabbit's interior dimensions?
I'd like to buy a Volkswagen Rabbit, but I'm worried it's too small for my needs. What are the Volkswagen Rabbit's interior dimensions?
Jun 06, 2022
How much do Cadillac DTS rims cost?
My rims are scratched up from multiple years of wear and tear. I think I’ll just replace them. How much do Cadillac DTS rims cost?
Jun 06, 2022
How expensive is it to replace a Kia Soul’s gas tank?
I drive a Kia Soul and recently got into an accident that damaged my gas tank—I had it looked at by a mechanic and they said it would have to be replaced. For budgeting purposes, could you tell me how expensive it is to replace a Kia Soul’s gas tank?
Andrew (Andy) Biro
Jun 06, 2022