Electric vehicles, or EVs, are simply becoming the way of the future. As climate concerns become more and more of an issue, government regulators are pushing for the masses to transition to electric vehicles. This means electric vehicles are becoming more convenient, more widespread, and more cost-effective.
What is the 2024 Chevy Silverado?
Cars.comreports that we don’t know too much about the 2024 Chevy Silverado quite yet, but that we can possibly expect the new vehicle to debut in 2023. Chevrolet has confirmed the electric vehicle version of their full-sized Silverado pickup truck, so we know we can definitely look forward to its arrival.
Beyond that, Chevy has let the public know the electric pickup truck will come from the same Michigan plant that makes the Hummer electric vehicle (since both brands are owned by General Motors). Plus, the electric car is expected to have a top range of up to 400 miles and a version of General Motors’ Ultimum platform. To us, it sounds like this pickup truck will be perfect for adventuring.
Chevy also said to expect a variety of options with the 2024 Silverado.
What other electric trucks are coming soon?
While the Chevy Silverado 2024 is an exciting addition to the world of electric vehicles, it’s not the only one joining the electric pickup truck fleet by a long shot. In addition to this truck, some other electric pickup trucks you can look forward to in the near future include:
- Ford F-150 Lightning Pickup: Expected in spring of 2022, this electric pickup truck starts around $40,000 and caps out around $90,000. It has a top range of 300 miles and the ability to tow up to 10,000 pounds!
- Atlis XT Pickup: Also expected in 2022, this pickup truck has an all-wheel drive system that uses four electric motors with ranges of 300, 400, or 500 miles, depending on model.
- GMC Hummer EV Pickup: This vehicle is available as both an electric pickup truck or an electric SUV, and is expected in fall of 2021! GM emphasizes the off road capabilities and luxury features, like the fast charging battery, associated with this pickup. A two-motor pickup truck is estimated to start around $90,000.
- Hercules Alpha Pickup: This luxury pickup truck will be designed by Italian firm pininfarina and will come with many customizable interior options. Details are limited on this one, but we can expect to see it sometime in 2022.
Should you get an electric vehicle like the 2024 Chevy Silverado?
Like we mentioned before, it seems like more and more car brands are trying to get a piece of the electric vehicle market. As these cars are becoming more widespread, you might be wondering about the benefits of electric vehicles. There are plenty, but a few highlights that might get you to consider buying include:
- Electric vehicles benefit the environment and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Electric vehicles save you money on gas.
- Electric vehicles cost less to maintain and repair.
- Electric vehicles typically have better performance than gas vehicles.
- Free electric vehicle charging stations are popping up all over the country.
If you’re considering investing in an electric vehicle, don’t forget to get car insurance for your new ride. And when you’re looking for car insurance, always remember to look with
Jerryto help you secure the best rates.