Autotrader Says the 2021 Chrysler Pacifica Is One of the Best Cars for Dog Lovers
Lisa Steuer McArdle
Oct 14, 2021 · 3 min read
National Dog Day was Aug. 26, but we’re still happy to celebrate our faithful canine friends by talking about the best cars for dog lovers.
Unless they are heading to the vet, most dogs love a good car ride. So of course you want Fido to be comfortable and happy when you’re on your way to the park or wherever else you are going together.
Luckily, Autotrader recently released its 10 best cars for dog lovers. Vehicles like the 2021 Chrysler Pacifica and the 2021 Ford Bronco made the list for having certain dog-friendly features.
Assets of dog-friendly vehicles like the Chrysler Pacifica
First, Autotrader looked at how durable the seats are. For instance, the preferred seats for dogs are vinyl, leather, and faux material because they are easy to clean and durable against claws.
They also considered whether the cars had tinted rear windows. That’s because dogs can get hot in cars even if the air conditioner is running, and tinted rear windows can really help keep the back seats and cargo area cool.
Cargo floor level was also considered. That’s because Autotrader said a low cargo floor makes it easier for a dog to jump into the car, especially if the dog is smaller or older.
Another consideration was rear air vents for keeping the dog both comfortable and safe. In fact, there weren’t too many SUVs on the list because they don’t often have air vents in the back.
Finally, Autotrader looked at whether cars had cargo tie-downs or not. Automotive pet accessories like harnesses or kennels are usually more secure when using car tie-down hooks.
Why the 2021 Chrysler Pacifica was on the list
Autotrader describes the 2021 Chrysler Pacifica as one of the ultimate dog vehicles with its Stow ‘n Go seating.
In addition, the second and third-row seats can easily fold flat to the floor quickly, providing lots of room if needed. The minivan also has a low load floor and ample ventilation.
In addition, the Chrysler Pacifica has an available Stow ‘n Vac built-in vacuum that can be used to clean up any dog hair.
Other cars that made the list
The other cars that made the top-10 list of best cars for dog lovers include:
- The 2021 Ford Bronco, which has available features for improving off-road performance if you want to bring your four-legged friend on off-road adventures.
- The 2021 Honda Passport, which has plenty of cargo space when the back seats are folded down.
- The 2021 Jeep Wrangler, which has an available Trail Rail system that adds cargo tie-downs.
- The 2021 Kia Telluride, which has a roomy and customizable cargo area.
- The 2021 Nissan Rogue, which has pet-friendly accessories including a family/travel cleanup kit.
- The 2021 Subaru Forester, which has a pet ramp, padded liners for the cargo area and back seats, among other pet features
- The 2021 Tesla Model Y, which is perfect if you are looking for an electric dog-friendly car and even has a Dog Mode that leaves the climate control system on while the car is parked.
- The 2021 Toyota Sienna, another minivan that has generous ventilation and sunshades.
- The 2021 Volvo XC60 Recharge, which has a plug-in hybrid powertrain with some pet-friendly touches like an available pet carrier.