WHY YOU CAN TRUST JERRY
Jerry partners with more than 50 insurance companies, but our content is independently researched, written, and fact-checked by our team of editors and agents. We aren’t paid for reviews or other content.
By Lindsey Muszkiewicz
Updated on Jun 6, 2022
Reviewed by Melanie Reiff, Staff Editor.
USA Fire Protection (USAFP) is the largest full-service fire protection provider in the Midwest and offers inspection, testing, maintenance services, and more for commercial and residential buildings.
It’s no wonder fire damage is the third most common type of claim in the US, especially once you learn that fire departments responded to 1,338,500 fires in 2020alone. To reduce property damage and keep your loved ones protected, having an up-to-date fire protection system is a must.
Luckily, USA Fire Protection is one of the best options for residents and business owners in the Midwest.
To learn more about the USA fire protection services available (and how fire protection can save you money on homeowners insurance), keep reading! Car and home insurance comparison app Jerry has provided a full breakdown of this fire protection company for your convenience.
Compare auto insurance policies
No spam or unwanted phone calls · No long forms · No fees, ever
What type of business is USA fire protection?
USAFP is a state-of-the-art and BBB accredited fire protection company that does much more than your average inspection and maintenance testing. They specifically specialize in corrosion management and engineering and design for fire alarms, sprinkler systems, and special hazard fire suppression systems.
They service all kinds of buildings, whether it’s a residential home, commercial business, or industrial warehouse, USFP can support upgrading or installing your new fire protection systems.
USA Fire Protection core services include:
- 24/7 emergency service and repair teams
- 3D modeling of fire protection systems to meet design requirements
- Corrosion control plans to reduce the risk of sprinkler system leaks
- Pipe sampling and sprinkler system flushing
- Fire extinguisher maintenance
With several locations in Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, and Wisconsin, USAFP can offer maintenance and inspection as well as designing fire protection systems for your local business, apartment building, suburban home, and more.
What fire protection services does USAFP offer?
USAFP’s core services breakdown into four basic categories:
- Engineering and design: USAFP uses a 3D modeling process called BIM for things like creating fire sprinkler designs. Their 3D models can communicate information in complex situations and has a unique ability to preview the features of your fire protection system before installation.
- Fire alarm and detection: They can install and repair smoke detectors as well as fire alarms, including comprehensive fire alarm systems that notify local fire departments for a fast response time. They’ll also provide testing and maintenance for all your fire alarm systems!
- Special hazard fire protection: USAFP can make cost-effective suppression systems for unique fire protection challenges. Once they perform hazard analyses, they have an array of options to best meet your fire protection needs, including foam water and low-pressure carbon dioxide systems.
- Fire sprinklers and corrosion management: There are an array of sprinkler types USAFP can install and will help choose the one that best fits your property type. While sprinkler systems are designed to limit fire damage to your property, USA Fire Protection will also make sure your sprinklers don’t inadvertently do any damage either with regular corrosion monitoring and treatment.
Compare insurance quotes from 50+ carriers with Jerry in under 45 seconds
What makes USA Fire Protection services unique?
USA Fire Protection stands out amongst other providers with its partnership with APi National Service Group (APi NSG), its high safety standards, and 24-hour emergency service.
APi National Service Group status
While established in 1986, USA Fire Protection was acquired by APi Group in 2000, allowing them to greatly expand! APi NSG helps USAFP provide national accounts for a single point of contact for customers with multiple regional or national properties.
Business owners or industrial leaders looking to expand can stick with USAFP through APi NSG, where you can manage all of your fire protection code and requirements through one reliable source.
High safety standards
USAFP has won safety awards for seven million work hours without injuries that have led to lost time! Their effort and high safety standards have made them one of the safest fire protection service companies in the Midwest.
Knowing that they are committed to the safety of their employees is a guarantee that they’re committed to the quality of their work—there are no cut corners and nothing gets rushed.
24-hour emergency service
No matter the time of day, USAFP is there for you. They remain ready to stop by and service emergencies with your fire protection systems on a 24-hour basis. USA Fire Protection won’t leave you in the lurch, even if it’s at an inconvenient time. And as we all know, disaster likes to strike at the worst possible time!
The downsides: limited reach
USAFP has a wide range of services and can work with almost anyone, but they unfortunately only operate within four states of the US. However, if you’re a business or resident within Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, or Wisconsin, you’re in luck. USA Fire Protection has a host of branches in the region that you’ll be able to take full advantage of!
How fire protection could save you money on home insurance
Every 23 seconds, a fire department responds to a fire somewhere in the US, and in 2020, the cumulative cost of property damage was $21.9 billion as a result. Because of this, it’s no surprise that fire damage accounts for approximately 25% of homeowners insurance claims, but what can you do to prevent this from happening to your home?
There are several steps you can take to protect yourself, your loved ones, and your home, starting by making sure you have a strong homeowners or renters insurance policy in place. Here’s how that insurance helps reduce the costs that come with house fires:
- Main dwelling coverage will help you rebuild from a fire
- Personal property coverage for a home or a rental property can help replace furniture, clothing, and other expensive belongings that get damaged or lost in a fire
- Additional living expenses coverage can absorb the cost of hotel rooms, takeout, and other loss-of-use expenses if you get temporarily displaced due to a fire
- Liability coverage can cover legal costs in the event you’re found at fault for causing the fire
Of course, the more protection you have, the more the costs can add up. The average annual amount folks pay for homeowners insurance is $1,393, while renters insurance is a bit more affordable at about $168 per year.
Luckily, there are several ways to lower those premiums while keeping your family safe at the same time—installing fire protection systems can lower your level of fire-related risk.
Insurance companies set your premium based on levels of risk, and part of that comes from taking your home’s fire safety into account. For instance, your address’s distance from the nearest fire station is something that many insurers look at when determining rates.
While it’s not realistic to pick up and move next door to a fire department, there are several easier ways to earn discounts on your premiums:
- Installing fire alarms that notify emergency services to shorten response time
- Having automatic fire sprinklers in place lessens fire damage (and lowers the risk of fatalities by 80%)
- Having working smoke detectors and fire extinguishers
Many insurance companies offer different kinds of discounts, so check with your insurer to see what options they might have available. Even better, you can compare discounts from multiple companies at once to find the best deals out there (something Jerry makes fast and easy!).
How to save money on homeowners insurance
Looking for discount rates for having fire protection and making sure you have the best fire protection available is one good way to lower your home or renters insurance. An even better way is to download the Jerry app and search for customized quotes in 45 seconds or less.
Both a licensed broker and the #1 rated insurance app nationwide, Jerry can help you find quotes and compare rates from over 50 top carriers at the touch of a button. And those aren’t the only perks—they’re also able to help you cancel your old policy and will even shop for the best deals when it comes time to renew your insurance coverage. And the best part? The average Jerry user saves up to $887 a year on car insurance; imagine the savings you can find for home and renters’!
“I felt like I was paying too much for my insurance policy, so I downloaded Jerry. I literally only typed in 3 pieces of info and Jerry found my current insurance. In a few minutes, they pulled up 2 Progressive policies that showed $900 in savings over 6 months!” —Maeve J.