Judd Fire Protection offers businesses and homeowners protection services, including regular maintenance and inspections, system installations, and a 24/7 emergency helpline.
A shocking report from the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) estimates that a home fire ignites every 89 seconds—this number alone shows that fires are undoubtedly one of the biggest threats to homes.
However, a fire protection service like Judd is an important step in reducing this risk. Operating throughout the Northeast, Judd Fire Protection provides best-in-class fire protection for homes and businesses.
From the company’s different services and certifications to ways to get discounted insurance, this is everything you need to know about using Judd to protect your home.
Let Jerry find you the best homeowners insurance policy for your needs
* checking your rate won’t affect your credit score
* checking your rate won’t affect your credit score
What type of business is Judd Fire Protection?
No matter what part of the country you live in, fire safety is a top concern for many homeowners. This Mid-Atlantic-based business provides residential and commercial fire protection plus upkeep and maintenance for your fire safety equipment.
In operation since 1992, Judd Fire Protection, LLC is certified by the
National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies(NICET). With this certification under its belt, Judd is well-respected in the region for top-notch and customized work.
What fire protection services does Judd offer?
Judd operates in
West Virginia. Maybe you know what service you’re looking for, maybe you don’t! Give Judd a call and they’ll help you figure out which services are best for your situation. In the meantime, here’s a look at the company’s five basic fire protection services:
- Design and build—Judd will send a team of NICET-certified engineers to your property to help you design and furnish your home with an effective fire system. The engineers are up-to-date on the local fire codes and will be able to best advise you on the best system. Once the plan is approved, Judd’s team will build and install your fire protection system
- Installation—The business will help you properly install all fire safety equipment. This includes fire alarms, sprinkler systems, and fire extinguishers
- Service and maintenance—Based on your fire safety system, Judd helps develop maintenance plans and will regularly visit your property to make sure everything is in working order
- Inspections—Make sure your fire alarm, sprinkler system, and fire extinguishers are in working order with a visit from Judd’s inspection team
- 24/7 emergency service—if something goes wrong or you have a question, Judd is available to help around the clock
What makes Judd’s fire protection services unique?
Judd is one of the most well-respected fire protection services in the Northeast because of its high level of certification, experience, and 24/7 helpline.
Judd is certified by NICET, meaning that they’re pros at engineering technology. You can rest assured knowing that Judd’s team is also highly regarded by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and will make sure your property is fully up to code.
With 65 years of combined experience, Judd’s team is one of the most knowledgeable out there. Since you’re dealing with a code-heavy and important service, the high level of experience guarantees that you’ll get an excellent professional opinion for your inspection or maintenance.
24/7 emergency service
Whether your sprinklers go off without warning or your smoke detector won’t stop chirping, Judd’s team is ready to help. The 24/7 emergency service line is a great way to ask questions or call the pros to your home to deal with your system.
How fire protection could save you money on home insurance
Fire protection is one of the most important ways to safeguard your home. The
National Fire Protection Agency(NFPA) reported that local departments responded to 1,338,500 fires across the country in 2020, totaling $21.9 billion in fire-related property damages. With these numbers in mind, it may come as no surprise that 25% of home insurance claims are related to fire damage.
Since fire is a real and very prevalent threat regardless of where you live, installing a solid fire protection system is one of the most important ways to safeguard your home and family. Plus, fire protection can save you money on your annual
On average, homeowners pay $1,393 per year for insurance. Renters pay less for their insurance, at $168 per year. We get it—these numbers are high! But here’s how your home or renters insurance can keep your house safe if a fire does come your way:
- Main dwelling coverage—helps cover the costs of rebuilding your home after a fire
- Personal property coverage—this applies to home or rental properties and will help cover the costs of replacing belongings lost to fire (think: clothes, furniture, and other items)
- Additional living expenses coverage—if your home is damaged and uninhabitable, this assists in paying for hotel rooms, takeout, and other loss-of-use expenses while your home is repaired
- Liability coverage—in the case that you’ve been found at fault for causing the fire, this helps to cover any legal costs you might incur
When it comes to setting your premium, insurance companies will evaluate your home’s risk level. If you have a regularly maintained and updated fire protection system, your insurance premium will be lower! Even having an address that is close to a fire station can help reduce your homeowner’s insurance premium.
Here are some other ways to improve your home’s fire safety and score a discount on your insurance:
- Install smoke detectors and/or fire extinguishers throughout the house
- Select a fire alarm that automatically contacts emergency services to reduce the fire department’s response time
- Have a sprinkler system installed to reduce possible fire damage
- If building a house from the ground-up, select fire-resistant building materials
Depending on the insurance company you’re working through, there may be other factors that will get you a discount on your premium—it’s always good to ask an insurance representative to find out what discounts are available.
If you’re not committed to a specific company,
Jerryis a fast and easy way to compare prices and discounts from multiple companies in one place (think: no more endless tabs open on your screen!).
How to save money on homeowners insurance
Between choosing the best fire protection system and finding the insurance company with the most discounts, things can get messy. That’s why
Jerryis here to make the insurance part of the equation as easy as possible.
Compare auto insurance policies
No spam or unwanted phone calls · No long forms · No fees, ever